Day 9. Hot damn. The scale didnt feel like moving today apparently, which was slightly disappointing. I would like to lose 7lbs by Monday, so that would put me at 20lbs down in 2 weeks. I really dont think its unreachable but I think I may just stick with clears to get it going. I hear a lot that if you lose a lot in the beginning you slow down later and vice versa, so if thats the case I'd like to keep trucking along until I hit that point.
I almost ate a bowl of chicken tortilla soup (which can I say was magic in my mouth), but I panicked and called my surgons office and they said its still a no no unless I strain it real well (no, I refuse to strain my damn soup). So I sadly gave it up and let my friend take the rest home with her.
I dont want to eat, yet I'm so hungry. I just dont like having such a big restraintment put on me. Its like, I'd rather eat normal food (good food, not junk), or not eat at all. I cant bring myself to eat. I can hardly choke down water anymore.
I took my steri strips off last night. I got the ok to take them off when they started to curl, and I have to say, those strips made the incisions look worse then they really are. My port area is almost all healed, the only place with a bit of scabbing is by my belly button. I'm pretty impressed.
Here is what I'm having on Sunday, and for those who are headed to the mushie stage, this is perfect because its pureed!
"The Best Chicken Salad Ever"-Taken from AllRecipies.com
Ingredients
2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked
1/4 cup creamy salad dressing
4 tablespoons cole slaw dressing
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Directions
1.In a food processor, combine the chicken, creamy salad dressing, cole slaw dressing, celery, onion, and salt and pepper. Mix until well chopped.
Nutritional Stats
Calories-103
Fat-6.3g
Protein-7.6g
This recipe got AMAZING reviews. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Let me know if you're trying it too
You're doing great. I'm proud of you for checking in on the tortilla soup rather than worrying about who was going to spank you (verbally). That's a big step!
ReplyDeleteThat recipe sounds good. I think I might sub cole slaw dressing with fat free miracle whip and sub something instead of the creamy salad dressing...hmmmm *think think think*
yummm that chicken salad sounds so good!!! i can't wait to try it!!! :-)
ReplyDelete